Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 pm 

Hello everyone,
I will buy a pair of JOYCON , though I don’t have the Nintendo Switch and never played it before. I would ask whether the Ipirecorder contains the whole driver of JOYCON that I need not to look for it on the internet ?
Is it easy to pair JOYCON to IpiRecorder compared with wii remote ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
You don't need any 3d party software to use JoyCons with iPi Recorder. But you need either Switch console or JoyCon grip to charge them because they don't have any standard charging connector like USB.
Compared to Wii Remote, they don't need to be paired on each usage. You pair them once and then just turn on to use.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 am 

vmaslov wrote:
Hi
You don't need any 3d party software to use JoyCons with iPi Recorder. But you need either Switch console or JoyCon grip to charge them because they don't have any standard charging connector like USB.
Compared to Wii Remote, they don't need to be paired on each usage. You pair them once and then just turn on to use.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a ... abbucket=8
There are many battery bay on sale. It seems no need to charge Joycon with real Switch console. Has any one tested these bettery bay?

Besides this, is it necessary to calibrate each one of the Joycon controllers (Rotation up and down even all direction) frequently before recordering motion ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 am 
iPi Soft

We've only charged with original Joy Con grip accessory
https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Joy-Charging-Grip-switch/dp/B01N33MFPK

There is no need to do calibration frequently. Though it may be helpful when you change recording location.
Also be aware that even when properly calibrated Joy Cons are a subject to eventual drift of orientation.
Another note goes about their short range of operation presumably of low-power Bluetooth module. In my experience it doesn't exceed 5m from PC's Bluetooth adapter. Thus it makes sense to move BT adapter closer to capture area - either by moving a laptop itself or using extension cable for USB dongle.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]