Change font size
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Finally got DMC to work!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:09 am 

http://img687.imageshack.us/g/cc7.jpg/

Above are the screen capture of my successful mocap. I will upload my scene file and calibration video later.

Cameras:

WebCamPro 9000 (LeftView) FOV 74
QuickCamPro 9000 (Front View) FOV 74
QuickCamPro 9000 (Right View) FOV 74

Camera Settings just like the recommended settings.

Cameras are taped securely on the walls and aimed downward. Part of the wirings close to the camera is also taped to the wall to secure it further.

Auto detect FOV and Camera location is disabled.

Room size is 13 feet and 9.5 inches by 11 feet.

Video was shot at night time.

Calibration video was recorded with MPEG codec and exposure was set in 2 bars making it darker.

I let a few seconds of a lit up scene before the lights were turned off to be used as a guide for roughly aligning the cameras using only the Orbit tool.

Calibration went quickly and resulted to green markers. Camera views were not tilted unlike the past tests. I marked three ground points and this time it didn’t destroyed the scene. I placed the 4th marker later and it did little changes to the scene.

I scaled the scene as close as I can to its real world location and to the way it looked in the video.

I moved the character using the x and z arrows roughly to the T-pose of myself at the front view.

I forgot to use “Analyze Actor Appearance” from the “Actor” tab. I went directly to “Refit Pose” under the “Tracking” tab and it somehow also analyzed the actor for me.

Left and Right View shows that the Actor’s legs are not positioned correctly unlike in Front view.

I selected track forward and afterward resulted to a usable motion capture. I did only a very simple movement: a single step forward, turning my hips and raising my arms at shoulder level then hands on sides.

I smoothened the trajectory and it reduced the shakiness of the motion capture.

I rejoiced!
I downloaded and installed a screen recording software to video the resulting mocap to show to you guys because my 30 day trial is already expired which disabled the export option and the save button (ipisoft please enable the save button at least, this is already common sense). But the installing process jeopardized DMC and resulted to the “X” in a box thingy. Sorry guys.

My Opinion why this scene worked:

1.) The Calibration video should be lit up in a few seconds before turning off the light to be used as a guide for roughly aligning the cameras.
2.) Maglite pattern should be a simple, like drawing a “table” (see pictures) and it MUST BE DONE QUICKLY. DO NOT SPIN THE MAGLITE IN CIRCLES. I think DMC messes up the scene if it has to process a long calibration video and the circles too perhaps. So a short calibration video is probably the best way to do it.
3.) When your maglite touch the floor, let it stay there for a second or two to make sure to help DMC to detect the floor markers later.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:12 am 

http://www.4shared.com/file/166784796/f9d86c39/video_2009-12-05_19-40-11.html

Link to the calibration video.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:39 pm 

I just took another mocap shoot using the same camera scene setup resulted from last night's calibration.

Same look came out with 'analyze actor appearance'. When I 'refit pose', the actor fit perfectly to the T-pose unlike last night's:

http://www.4shared.com/file/166917512/10475aa9/refitpose.html

When I started to track forward, the movement of the feet and body was captured (I enabled foot tracking) almost good but the arms where not as you can see.

http://www.4shared.com/file/166917610/fc0f85dc/track1.html

I tried to manually fix it using the IKs but DMC couldn't catch the correct pose whenever I press 'refit pose'.

Also the actor's body had its crotch leaned forward. Maybe because the lower part of my long sleeves were bulging?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:13 pm 

New 1.0.0.084 Version:

Improvement: Successfully tracked right arm but didn't on left. Exported BVH file is not usable in Poser.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=953

video file of tracking result:

http://www.4shared.com/file/168557232/f ... rack2.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:56 pm 

You have some good results there, you are recording at 30fps? and what size are you recording?

I have been managing to get reasonable recordings at 640 x 480 30FPS using ps3 cams, but I can't line up my calibration as well as you ahve here, do the markers really help that much?

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with, cheers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:35 pm 

matthooton wrote:
You have some good results there, you are recording at 30fps? and what size are you recording?

I have been managing to get reasonable recordings at 640 x 480 30FPS using ps3 cams, but I can't line up my calibration as well as you ahve here, do the markers really help that much?

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with, cheers

The floor markers in my honest opinion are CRITICALLY important. That's why I stated when you bring down the maglite on the floor, let it stay there in 2-3 seconds to ensure you got it right. Get at least four floor markers then after that, do a little scaling of the scene based from the height of the cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:39 pm 

Hi,

Looking pretty good!

Regarding the arm, my guess is that DMC is having trouble resolving this because of the black sleeves; it's recommended that you have a long-sleeved red or green shirt under a short-sleeved black T-shirt to help separate the arms from the torso. I was able to find the long-sleeved red and green shirts at an Old Navy store.

Keep posting. :)

Greenlaw

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]