Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:49 pm 
iPi Soft

andrew wrote:
Earlack, thank you for uploading, but can you convert it to the format, that can be open in iPiStudio?

We can convert it to uncompressed AVI using DirectShow Graph Editor:

http://www.ipisoft.com/documentation/graph.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm 
iPi Soft

Earlack wrote:
For the moment I use an old HDV cam and my beloved HMC 150. I can synchronyse the timecodes, so no problem. And I can shoot at 50 fps.

Then the calibration process and the mocap itself (I know I do lots of weird stuff)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7NEVY9U

The big question is, what is the Field of View of each of your cameras in this video?

The HMC 150 has zoom lens ( http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wc ... =AG-HMC150 ), your second camera most probably has zoom lens too.

It is impossible to calculate correct calibration for this scene without knowing FOV. In case of three identical cameras (identically zoomed), we could calculate FOV from calibration video. But this is impossible for two cameras, especially for two different cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm 

Quote:
The big question is, what is the Field of View of each of your cameras in this video?

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. Ipi Calibration Tool says 42 for my Sony HC3 (front cam, yellowish image) and 64 for the HMC 150 (side, blueish image).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 pm 
iPi Soft

Earlack wrote:
Quote:

Oh, yeah, forgot about that. Ipi Calibration Tool says 42 for my Sony HC3 (front cam, yellowish image) and 64 for the HMC 150 (side, blueish image).

I hope you had the same zoom lens settings for cameras when shooting the video and when making images for iPi Calibration Tool?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:14 pm 
iPi Soft

Earlack wrote:
Quote:

With the FOV values supplied by you, calibration looks more consistent. But it is hard to understand where was the ground, since calibration video is completely dark. Can you please post frame numbers for 3 or more ground points?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:23 pm 

Quote:
I hope you had the same zoom lens settings for cameras when shooting the video and when making images for iPi Calibration Tool?

Yep.

Quote:
With the FOV values supplied by you, calibration looks more consistent. But it is hard to understand where was the ground, since calibration video is completely dark. Can you please post frame numbers for 3 or more ground points?

Well I didn't (shame on me) mark correctly the ground, as I learned it was necessary AFTEr shooting the video... I move the marker near the ground but that's probably not enough.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2