Change font size
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calibration Help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:24 pm 

well ill try and chuck it up on youtube for you, so you can see.

My PC runs Windoes 64, 4gb memory and a quad core (forget speed), Graphics is a engt220 (1gb memory), it lets me record 3 cams in 60fps with no drops, long as I use the smaller size.

i just recorded another vid with marker at the smaller screez rez but still at 30fps, ill give that a shot.

Weird thing is now im getting 3 options when I load into the software, 1) Color, 2) Raw data, and 3) is Depth vid.

I been selecting 2 as that always was defaulted, but not its selecting 1! and if i press 2 its all bright colors...

well ill go with option 1 this time! and I better make me a youtube account also.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:38 pm 

its working! so thanks for tips, I started from step 1 again, and now I am tracking a simple stand/turn/move my arms around slightly thing.. and so far everythign is looking good (well there is a moment on one of the last turns I do where the right arm which is only in view on 1 cam now goes all loopy.. I may need to watch how far I turn next time and keep everythign in 2 min cams..

So ill soon find out how it looks in poser! I read poser = "crazy hand movements" so that will be interesting, i need to remove those joints so I read, but hey, least im past the 1st step..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:18 pm 

Cool! Keep us up to date on your progress.

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:03 pm 

well its ok so far, one of the arms is twisted about 60 degrees in twist (no idea why) and the arm that went out of view did go wild, so ill just fix that by keeping it in view..

The twishing arm maybe as the wall behind me has a brown curtain, then a white wall, now the left arms backdrop was brown curtain to about the elbow, then the elbow to hand was with a white backdrop. I wonder if that did it.

Im wearing a red T-Shirt, and under it a grey long sleeve (wish i had a blue one!)

but thats my progress so far, the bits that where not all screwed up where pretty good!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:18 am 

Well I got the calibration all fine now, and its tracing, but not very well, for example when I do a simple stand with say.. me brushing my hand down my arm, then scratch the side of my head, im getting my arm in my chest in poser, and also for some reason my back is all bent like I have a arched back.

Strange! Im tracking on 60 FPS, and im tracking in high.

So thats my results so far!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 am 

Hmm i just cant get anything out of this, the tracking after calibration always gives a strange result, like a leg bending in a weird way, or an arm, maybe thje chest, sometimes all! what is the cause of these issues mainly? bad calibration or what im wearing? I just dont get it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:55 am 

I don't know if this helps but I just posted a calibration example on YouTube. There is more information here:

Team Little Green Dog's iPi Studio Calibration Video

G.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:46 pm 

Thanks, good vid, well I get the cage ok but its all down hill from there, your tracking is smooth mine is bad, i get arms going all over the place and its hard to even sometimes get the actor lined up in all 3 cams.

Maybe ill have to try it in another room where i have a better white wall behind and hot a huge dark curtain, maybe it is causing me issues with tracking, and ill try your cage way of calibration also.

Thanks for the vid!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm 

Assuming you lined up your original character correctly and have him T-posed and set to the right height, have you also:-

correctly analyzed actor appearance?

chosen whether it's a long sleeve shirt or T shirt over long sleeve shirt?

I had some where arms flailed all over because I hadn't chosen the shirt type and when I did it made a huge difference.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm 

well its not always lining up well, so thinking of it that way maybe it was the calibration, well I am going to set it all up in a room with more space and white walls (after I get the sofa out!) then try again. and hope for the best..

Other than that yes I am selecting what I am weairing and analyzed actor a couple of times, I do analyzed actor, then refit pose, then analyzed actor again then refit pose once more.

Ill crack it tonight i hope!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next