Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kinect v2 desync?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 am 

Thanks Snapz for your help. I appreciate that.

Awaiting further help! Loading.......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 pm 
iPi Soft

@Zatesz
Thanks for info. Seems nothing new though.
Can you share those video files with us? You may PM me or send links to our tech support email if you don't want to expose them to public. I would like to make some checks on them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm 

@vmaslov
Okay I don't have any problem with it. Can you give me an ftp or something like that in private pm where i can upload my files? They are massiv 3,06GB or the combined video is enough? (1,52GB)

Attachment:
files.PNG
files.PNG [ 142.69 KiB | Viewed 298 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 pm 
iPi Soft

You can use any file sharing service out there. This one is convenient for one-off transfers (with limit of 6GB)
https://filetransfer.io

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:54 pm 

I sent you a private message with the link.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am 
iPi Soft

Thanks, got them. I'll get back to you once I check them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:42 pm 

I am glad to hear. Thanks the effort guys, I am so curious about the progress, the iPi program is very important for my job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 am 
iPi Soft

Hi Zatesz
I've take a quick look on your videos. We've been reported a couple of times about desynchronization during distributed recording. It appears to be connected with some hardware specifics we could not identify yet. And it seems be your case too. Also, in your case things get more complicated in your case due to considerable (although not critical) number of frame drops in one camera.

For the record, what's your network configuration? Wired or Wi-Fi, maybe some special hardware?

For the time being, you can re-synchronize your videos using a new Build Videos feature in Recorder. I was able to do this for your video. I'll send a link to you via PM.
  • Press Build Videos button in the toolbar at the Home screen.
  • Add merged video to the builder. It'll show both cameras.
  • Choose some moment for sync. Use some pose which can be easily identified on both cameras like extremum of some high-amp motion. For instance, I used the farthest point of the lunge in your video.
  • Select the first camera by clicking on image from it. Scroll to the frame displaying a moment you chose for sync in the first camera and press Current Frame in camera props on the left.
  • Do the same for the second camera. Both cameras should align in time after that.
  • Save synchronized video.

There are two caveats about using video builder.
  • Do not put individual, non-merged videos to the builder. It does not handle frame timestamps yet (opposite to video merger) so you'll get variable time shift between cameras due to frame drops. When putting merged video, time shift should be more or less constant.
  • Builder also does not do some extra processing needed for skeleton track. As a result, takes automatically created in a new project based on T-poses detected in the skeleton data may be incorrect.
Both issues will be addressed in future releases.

We'll study your data more thoroughly the next week. Probably, there will be some more to tell you or to fix in the program.
Anyway, I recommend you to try getting rid of frame drops on your master PC. Did you try different USB ports to connect Kinect?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:35 am 

You can try Maslovs suggestions first, but...

Might be easier just to revert back to the last working v3 release of Recorder and Studio, first uninstalling both v4 software, if after doing all you can think of to remedy it won't work, until a definite fix is achieved for this specific issue, this will at least keep you able to use the program without this issue.

The recording and tracking quality for dual Kinect v2 should be similar in the last release of v3 as well, may avoid some frustration this way, of course completely up to you.

Best Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:31 am 

Okay thanks for the advice guys, I will use the build videos function until the "bug" is fixed. I use my computers in a local area network (LAN) and the videos I sent were merged in this configuration on my master PC.
I tested a lot in the weekend, I don't use any kind of usb device (mouse-keyboard in USB2 port, and kinectv2 in USB3 port) and I don't have any kind of pciexpress card in my machine just my video card. I took out my nvidia 1070 and started to use the integrated Intel video card (Intel hd4600 in my cpu) but I experience the same issue, sometimes my recordings are still desynchronised. Hopefully I will try it on another computer (my friend's pc) but that will be weeks later.

Snapz I am thinking of it but I really like the indivual body parts function and I use ps move controllers and this function is improved a lot in the 4. version.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next