Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Clean up guidance
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:58 am 

Hi,

I'm trying to clean up some capture data and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

a) Is there a way to change the colors of the depth data or the skin? The depth data is pinkish, and the body skin is also pinkish. It's very hard to try to adjust the poses with those colors.

b) Does IK only work with feet and hand? Is there a way to "IK" the knee, in example?

c) What's the easiest way to fix skidding feet? I have an animation where the feet should be static at the floor (and they actually are in the recorded video). It'd be ideal to just copy the position of the feet in the first frame and then put the feet in the same position in other frames (and let IK decide the knee position), but I haven't found a way to do that.

d) Is there a good video tutorial showing a complete clean up process?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Clean up guidance
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:57 am 
iPi Soft

For depth projects, the color of depth cloud and the body is defined by distance from currently selected camera. Actually, we consider that similar colors help to align the body with the point cloud. Thanks you sharing your different opinion though, we'll consider an option for contrast colors.

Yes, currently IK supports only dragging by limb endings. Actually the rotate tool allows more precise positioning and even may seem easier to use than IK when you get used to it.

Currently our animation editor only supports basic functions. And pinning joints is not included. You can apply such corrections in your animation program of choice after exporting from Mocap Studio.

Manual cleanup tools are described in our docs
http://docs.ipisoft.com/Manual_Clean-up
Sorry, cannot point you to any video tutorial on the topic. We know this is the thing anticipated by many users but were not able to produce them yet.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]