Change font size
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 9:04 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:29 pm 

Hello all in ipisoft company,
I’ve got the PS move attached on my head. So I turned on ‘enable head tracking’ during the tracking process. The movement were all fine except for the head movement. THE HEAD SEVERE JITTERED! Even if I applied the data of Motion Controller.
Q1. Is it necessary to ‘enable head tracking’ if I have data from THE Motion Controller Of My Head ?
Q2. How can I wipe out the result of tracking of the head only after finish doing the tracking and jitter removal?
Q3. Is there superposition of result if i do 'jitter removal' multiple times ? Can I remove the result of 'jitter removal' if I finish doing it ?
Q4. I tried to adjust my ready posture before tracking in ipi Mocap studio. I’ve almost done all the parts and I tried undo only one leg and press ‘CTRL+Z’, BUT THE WHOLE POSTURE OF THE WHOLE BODY BECAME DEFAULT T-POSE AGAIN. MY ADJUSTMENT WAS WIPED OUT! WHY?
I’m looking forward to your answer, please.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 am 
iPi Soft

Quote:
Q1. Is it necessary to ‘enable head tracking’ if I have data from THE Motion Controller Of My Head ?

No, this is not necessary. Because data from motion controllers replace any previously tracked or manually edited rotation of a corresponding joint. You should apply data from motion controllers AFTER you've done main tracking. Moreover we recommend to disable head tracking in this case to save ~50% on tracking time.

Quote:
Q2. How can I wipe out the result of tracking of the head only after finish doing the tracking and jitter removal?

You can use Edit commands to do that. I'm assuming you want to reset Neck and Head joints because they both are affected with head tracking.
  • Reset to default pose in one of unused frames. (Ctrl+D)
  • Select Neck bone.
  • Copy pose of selected bone with children. (Ctrl+Shift+C)
  • Set ROI to a region of frames you want to reset the head in.
  • Paste pose within ROI. (Ctrl+Shift+V)

Quote:
Q3. Is there superposition of result if i do 'jitter removal' multiple times ? Can I remove the result of 'jitter removal' if I finish doing it ?

No, each time you run JR it's applied to the same unfiltered data with the current JR settings.
There is no way to remove JR explicitly. However, re-applying JR with all options set to zero leaves raw tracking almost untouched - differences in rotation angles are usually within 0.01 degree.

Quote:
Q4. I tried to adjust my ready posture before tracking in ipi Mocap studio. I’ve almost done all the parts and I tried undo only one leg and press ‘CTRL+Z’, BUT THE WHOLE POSTURE OF THE WHOLE BODY BECAME DEFAULT T-POSE AGAIN. MY ADJUSTMENT WAS WIPED OUT! WHY?

Ctrl+Z should only undo the last edit operation, so your description looks like a bug. Please provide more details on conditions under which you've got such behavior. Which edit tool did you use? Have tracking or other processing been done in this frame before the edit? If you can reproduce the issue recording a screencast could help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:08 am 

Quote:

It is correct that tracking with head OFF will increase tracking speed fps and may be beneficial for lower end video cards, but there will be some deterioration of fidelity that can not be fixed using other auto-processing features.

It would really be a matter of if the result is acceptable to the user, for basic standing motions, the effect wouldn't be as noticeable as if were done this way for extreme or high energy recording tracking. For me personally it is not acceptable to track with the head OFF, as it stiffens the spine somewhat, as well as throws off the hips tracking somewhat, which neither can be fixed adequately with the Refine processing, as it only knows what the data is from what the tracked positions of the bones were, again, this is personal choice only.

Quote:
Can I remove the result of 'jitter removal' if I finish doing it ?

Yes, JR wipes the previously applied JR each time it is run, you can set all parts to 0 and you just need to run it for a few frames, doesn't need to be re-run for the whole ROI, though I am not sure what the need would be for wanting to wipe the prior JR run completely, JR should only be run truthfully after every other processing step has been run and the result is checked for processing errors in the tracking by previewing the animation with Play, or using slo-mo play by holding down the > key, or the < key to run slo-mo in reverse, to see if any anomalies have occurred that may need re-tracked, and/or re-refined to help correct them, maybe you could explain further?

Quote:

I guess you know it takes hitting ctrl Z twice to reset to the previous pose, if it goes beyond that to something undesired, just use the global ctrl Y to step forward again, but I am not sure it should jump to the zero pose again, unless that was the next logical step for it to revert to in the history, I don't experience this effect anyway.

One other thing you should be aware of, the trajectory filter should be turned up to help reduce jittering on re-play, if left at 1, you will experience some jitter remaining, usually a choice of 3, or above is satisfactory, unless of course you are satisfied with the results of leaving it on 1.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]