Change font size
It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:26 pm 

My files which are MultiCamera Video (iPivideo) are not uploading into Mocap Studio. When I click on 'new file' or 'open', I am prompted to browse. When I go into the folder which have my pre-recoreded videos that I used with iPi Recorder, the files do not show. When I click the arrow button so as to manually choose the file, iPiVideo files is not an option. I read about an iPiVideo extension file but am confused because the Wiki does not state where to find that file; in fact, the Wiki doesn't state anything about errors which is a drag. I am in the free trial version of the software which is good. Don't want to pay for anything that is not working. Any assistance is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:38 am 
iPi Soft

To use an .ipivideo file recorded with iPi Recorder in iPi Mocap Studio you need to create a new project - either action (.ipimotion) or calibration (.ipicalib) one depending on the purpose of the video. New button in the toolbar is the way to go. Although there is a number of other ways - File > New Project menu, drop .ipivideo file to Mocap Studio window, click Open in Mocap Studio button when viewing a video in iPi Recorder.
Open button in the toolbar is for opening existing projects (.ipimotion or .ipicalib files), dropdown opens MRU list.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 am 

vmaslov wrote:
To use an .ipivideo file recorded with iPi Recorder in iPi Mocap Studio you need to create a new project - either action (.ipimotion) or calibration (.ipicalib) one depending on the purpose of the video. New button in the toolbar is the way to go. Although there is a number of other ways - File > New Project menu, drop .ipivideo file to Mocap Studio window, click Open in Mocap Studio button when viewing a video in iPi Recorder.
Open button in the toolbar is for opening existing projects (.ipimotion or .ipicalib files), dropdown opens MRU list.

I figured it out; to be honest, I pretty much have to do that because there are absolutely not up to date resources or tutorials. I am unsure if what I did to fix the problem was similar to yours but pretty much, I had to open the video in 'calibration' then I had to save it. Once I saved it using 'calbration', I was able to import into 'action'.

SOLVED!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 am 

vmaslov wrote:

Actually, I'm not able to save my videos as .iPimotion. I think this is one reason to why my tracking may not be working in the other thread. I only have iPivideo and iPicalib as options.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:44 am 
iPi Soft

New Project Video asks you to select the project type as a first step - either action or calibration.
Action projects are saved as .ipimotion files, calibration projects as .ipicalib files.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:06 am 

vmaslov wrote:
New Project Video asks you to select the project type as a first step - either action or calibration.
Action projects are saved as .ipimotion files, calibration projects as .ipicalib files.

That's what I'm trying to say but I don't know if y'all are understanding or not. I am NOT able to import my videos as 'action'. I can only import them as 'calibration'. I have NO choice but to choose 'calibration' in the first step. I may have to show screen shots.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:12 am 

So when I open the MoCap Studio, I click 'New project'. I then click on my video which is something_something.iPiVideo. The software allows me to choose 'Action' or 'Calibration'. When I choose 'Action', my video does not show in the folder. I then exit out of 'Action' and choose 'Calibration'.

See, so I am not able to import my videos as 'action'. Does the above make sense?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:20 am 
iPi Soft

The second step for action projects asks you to select the source of scene configuration, not a video (which has been already selected before the wizard appeared). That is, where to load camera positions you've got after running calibration from. This may be a calibration project, or another action project (each project stores scene configuration) or a separate scene file (which can be saved at Scene tab).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:15 am 

vmaslov wrote:
The second step for action projects asks you to select the source of scene configuration, not a video (which has been already selected before the wizard appeared). That is, where to load camera positions you've got after running calibration from. This may be a calibration project, or another action project (each project stores scene configuration) or a separate scene file (which can be saved at Scene tab).

I don't know what you mean by this. However, I took some screenshots.

Attachments:
2020-03-15 (2).png
2020-03-15 (2).png [ 367.68 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
2020-03-15 (1).png
2020-03-15 (1).png [ 448.26 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]
2020-03-151.png
2020-03-151.png [ 393.4 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:17 am 

vmaslov wrote:

As you can see with the three attachments plus this one, I don't have an option to add my .iPiVideo.

Attachments:
2020-03-15 (4).png
2020-03-15 (4).png [ 365.73 KiB | Viewed 1951 times ]

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next