Change font size
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:40 am 
iPi Soft

That's exactly what I said about in the previous post. In the last screenshot you need to choose a file with scene parameters (e.g. previously saved calibratiohn project). Why do you think you need to put a video there?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:08 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
That's exactly what I said about in the previous post. In the last screenshot you need to choose a file with scene parameters (e.g. previously saved calibratiohn project). Why do you think you need to put a video there?

Wait a minute, you're saying I need to do a 'calibration' first then 'action'? If that's what you're saying then OHHHHhhhhhh....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:23 am 
iPi Soft

Yes, calibration is needed to process action projects. Wasn't it apparent from the docs and previous posts?
http://docs.ipisoft.com/User_Guide_for_Multiple_PS_Eye_Cameras_Configuration#Calibration
http://forum.ipisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=23441#p23441

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:17 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
Yes, calibration is needed to process action projects. Wasn't it apparent from the docs and previous posts?
http://docs.ipisoft.com/User_Guide_for_Multiple_PS_Eye_Cameras_Configuration#Calibration
http://forum.ipisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=23441#p23441

No, it was very confusing as if it was optional. The way the software gave you the two options, it made it seem as if I had to pick one or the other. The documents weren't clear for me. When they say it is essential, I thought it was essential if I choice the calibration option. It also isn't clear to me how exactly the calibration video helps the action video. But now that I understand this then I can experiment with the other.

SOLVED....again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:04 pm 

As mentioned in the other thread, Action videos are practically meaningless without good calibration data. If your calibration data is bad or non-existent, you may as well start over.

In theory, yes, you could re-create the environment and camera positions, orientations, and lens settings to exact specifications without calibration data but that's very difficult to do manually and generally not worth the effort. To make that work, you would have to take precise notes for all the camera parameters for every camera. The whole point of creating the calibration video is so you don't have to do any of that stuff yourself...just let iPi do all the work. :)

Yes, I would look over the instructions carefully. IMO, the documentation does make it pretty clear that recording a calibration video is an essential step when using iPi Mocap Studio.

TBC, it's not necessary to record the calibration video first, and you can record it multiple times if you wish. For example, sometimes I'll record it first, and record it again when I finish just in case something in the environment changed or a camera got bumped. If I'm recording for an especially long session, like throughout the day, I may recorder a new calibration video whenever I come back from a break. (I suggest keeping notes for long sessions. I usually have a laptop or notebook ready for this purpose.)

It only takes a minute to record a calibration video, so why not play it safe? This is better than finding out hours later that your calibration data is invalid and you have to start over again. When you do run into a problem, if you have multiple alternate takes to fall back on, one of those is bound to contain good data.

Hope this helps.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2