Change font size
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:03 pm 

This software its really Great, we are a Young Indie Studio and gonna use it for our first big hit... Meanwhile im learning it...

My Advices (soon a tutorial) is you have 4 ps3 cameras, USE THEM, i had a lot of troubles with only 3 and just put the another one and got a quite Green calibration results...

Now the question: Why when i hit the REFIT POSE, it deforms my character rig? even in FRAME 1, torso and hands are aceptable, but feets are raised no matter what...

help will be apreciated...

Arcanebits

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:13 pm 
iPi Soft

Hi
Please post some screenshots to make clear what you mean.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:31 pm 

Its probably because your floor plane wasnt correct, meaning your kinect wasnt capturing enough floor space

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:32 pm 

I am having same issue, using (4) PS Eyes, calibration of cams looks good, but in studio once capture loaded, I can not align actor good enough to video, even though tutorial just says roughly should be good.

Floor is marked fine in calibration file, but doesn't appear that way when reloaded for captured video, very frustrating, I really hope version 3 when released makes this process much better.

Any pointers along this line would be of great help.

I posted more details of issue under "Issues" category also.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 pm 

Hi there,

I have the same problem : After refitting pose, my character contort like if he dances tecktonik… Why the hell !?? I enclose some pics of my record. At first sight, I would say it's due to the lack of light, isn't it ? I recorded by night. However, I thought to have a sufficient lighting… It seems that I don't ^^ … But if it's not the light, does anyone have any idea of where the problem lies ? It's my first attempt on iPi Soft so I doubt that I've only got a problem of light…

Thanx for your answers ! Maybe I'll post a thread for another questions about this cool software…

Pics of my tries here :

Image (Strangely, the character on this camera was staggered of more fifty centimeters while he was aligned with all other camera… Why the hell here again !??)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:56 am 
iPi Soft

Hi @Aelendys

There is obvious "grain" effect in your pictures. So yes, lack of light is the first problem indeed. It's hard to get solid colors in the picture with such low lighting. Also avoid directional lighting to decrease shadows.

Second is the problem in using the software. Before doing any tracking operations you need to adjust the parameters of an actor. Both physical dimensions and colors. I see you're trying to track with default colors of the model.

Third is your appearance:
  • Wear clothes of solid colors. Striped shirt in the first camera is not good. BTW, how did you manage to get different clothes in different cameras? :)
  • Wear tighter clothes. Both shirt and pants look too baggy. It is hard for the tracker to evaluate your skeleton pose in such clothes.
  • Long hair confuse head tracking. Put hair into a bun or under a cap.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:05 am 

+1 to all Maslov's replies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:38 pm 

Bonjour les iPiSoftiens ! :-D

... And thank you again for all the advices that you give on iPi Mocap ! I think you are almost the only help forum about this software...

Well ! I come back to you because I still have some problems with the tracking. The refit works fine now ! But the tracking is still not enough... So I've opened a new topic hoping some guidance, again... It is there : http://forum.ipisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10025

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:44 am 

EDIT : Here, actually : http://forum.ipisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10026

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]