Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 68 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:43 pm 

$1499 for 32 neurons and strap suit and gloves and hub, non magnetic storage box.(External battery power supply needed for extended area use).

Cost for Pro Axis Editor is another $500 and may become rental based also, as they have stated prior to release.

I want to see raw files and then files edited with Axis Pro, basic editor has very limited capabilities, but is free.

The demo files I did download (raw and edited with the basic editor) were very sketchy, a lot of clean up needed to me, but Axis Pro editor wasn't available at the time they made those files I guess.

I have requested to post new demo files, but non released yet.

Once you see users posting quality of captures of exported files and getting feedback, everyone will know the pros and cons.

What you see on-screen, the robot character used, is not what the output raw files look like, but if the Pro Editor can work its magic right, it may be something.

I am following it closely to see if it will be worth investing in also.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:10 am 

Snapz wrote:
I am following it closely to see if it will be worth investing in also.

Yep, me too. There are a couple more Kickstarter mocap systems due to be released in the next year also.

Post subject: PrioVR
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:10 am 

PrioVR pro suit which is basically the same system except that it doesn't have gloves, shipping scheduled to start spring 2015 to all over the world plus the price which is much lower than neuron, $429 for the Pro Suit! I don't know how much difference there will be with neuron in regards to results, but it can be used the same way giving some good results and exporting the animations to bvh.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:30 am 

I checked it out, thanks for posting.

The problem I see with every inertial based real-time capture is it's less than accurate, an example is the Move controllers used with iPi, though close, without refining-forward the animation, they are not very accurate, that filter iPi uses alone helps greatly for them.

I am not really interested in real-time capturing for use in-game, so the filters in their editor would be what would interest me before exporting the BVH file.

Without the ability to clean the footage to a more refined movement before exporting, there would be much more cleanup involved, even with 3D editor filtering.

There has been many inertial sensor attempts in the last couple years and all have failed at being precise, especially in the feet and hip areas.

They are getting better, but I think it needs a couple more years to work that out, in my opionion, but I may be being a bit picky, as it is great technology for sure!

The range is the nice thing about it, gives more freedom of movement especially up and down, in an example of climbing stairs or wide area capturing.

Until I actually get my hands on any of those systems to test them, it's hard to say accurately, I just know the exported raw files I have tested left a lot to be desired for my needs or expectations, but it has taken me awhile also to get iPi dialed in better and working closer to how I wanted also.

I don't know if they have a return policy if someone wasn't satisfied with their product, nothing I have seen states returns or demo-ing, so until I can get more user feedback and more raw output file informatiion, and testing their Pro editors for a trial, I will have to just follow those type of products for now.

YouTube will be filled with results here shortly, I hope,

Some of the results I get now with iPi and 5 PS Eyes, 2 Move controllers, are in the Female Dance topic of the Videos section.

Its is also nice to have recordable video of the eprformance for Hybrid animation, where inertial can't perform that way.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:08 am 

What Perception Neuron demonstarates as its accuracy:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1QqTX1HW8o

What the exported file, which is the same edited one they released,(they stated minimal editing 30 mins.),showing someone testing on an actual character:

To me it looks like only a simple Smooth filter added in Motion Builder.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya5fNW1rdWI

This was edited with the Basic editor by the perception neuron team, and released as a demo you could try.

You tell me if that would look good on your characters at this point? A bit stiff to me.

Maybe the Perception Axis Pro editor will give much better results.

This is just very basic movements, I can hardly see where the accuracy would maintain on more complex stuff, unless the Pro editor is really awesome.

There are other video with users testing other released files in Unity and other game engines, have a look on YouTube.

This is one they want you to believe their product puts out: Maybe so, but how many hours of editing was done and with what editor? Again, this isn't the raw exported data!!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWsYPuZ1oV4

It would be cool if iPi could implement the gloves for use with their system, I am sure they are watching this product also.

This is the Raw BVH File Export for Biped from iPi of a Male dance, View in HD.

Only edit done was an adjustment layer for the head, it always comes in Max looking up too much, no matter how it appears in iPi, no big deal.

Basic loop to show how the BVH data transfers to Max.

From this point there is very little clean-up needed, (you can see where), when applied to a character file with a Biped skeleton, or send to Motion Builder and plot to any character.

Link: http://youtu.be/_IroFa6I6FE

It is smoother, remember Screencast-O-Matic Free drops frames during recording, but it shows well enough.

After refit, I clicked 5 buttons to get this to export, Tracked (I did have to pull the IK on the hands and refit on several frames for the arms, not too many though, they just spin abnormally sometimes to the video, but have to be fixed before Move data is applied) -- Add Move data -- Refined Forward -- and Jitter Removal (set low on all body parts). Processing time took 1.5 hours in iPi with my machine config.

I will be glad if iPi can ever increase the tracking speed, even to how JR speed is, without having to massively upgrade my system components :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:49 am 

This has been out for a while now, I personally have never tested/used it, but I haven't seen it mentioned here either, or I missed it if it was.

For those who use Unity 4.6.1 purchased version and Unity 5, if you are a Kinects V1 or V2 user, there is a Unity Mocap creation program here:

Cinema MoCap is fully compatible with Unity's Mecanim animation engine and allows you to map captured animations to any other Mecanim compatible humanoid avatar.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_aEFKNDTYw

Buy Here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12620

You can view the webpage and youtube videos from this asset store link.

It works in real-time inside the Unity Editor and compiles and libraries the Mocap animations you create.

Only works so far with (1) Kinect-XBox 360 or (1) Kinect V2-XBox 1 sensor!

I am not a Kinects user or a Unity Game Engine user, but for those that are, check it out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:29 am 

I'll be sticking with version 2. Perhaps renting software is the way of the future but I will resist it for as long as possible on principle.

Ascend P8 case
Samsung galaxy s6 edge plus case

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:33 am 

Just wanted to dig up this old thread to say THANK YOU to iPi Soft for re-introducing perpetual licenses! Good decision guys!

HeiLei

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 68 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7