Change font size
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:42 am 

Well, I'm FINALLY getting a new computer. Sadly, it's because my old workstation has been dying a slow death, so this won't mean I can enable a third Kinect 2 to my system like I originally planned. But I'm still pretty excited about getting a new computer. I had started a new short film project in December and was about to begin the mocap sessions when I started having serious problems with the old computer. Aargh!

Anyway, this time I decided to go with a custom built mobile workstation. For the most part, I intend to continue with the dual Kinect 2 setup for for iPi Mocap Studio but now it should become practical for me go back into the garage and use the PS Eye setup again. I won't need that for my current project but will probably need it for the next one.

The new computer should arrive next week. I'll post more info and tests as soon as I'm able to get it up and running with Mocap Studio.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:41 am 

New computer arrived early (Friday afternoon!) and I'm now in the process of deactivating software licenses on my old workstation--hopefully, I can get this done before the old workstation dies on me completely. Then begins the 'fun' process of installing everything on the new workstation and activating licenses, including iPi Mocap Studio of course. :)

Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:41 pm 

I got a new computer too. Made tracking a lot faster than my crappy laptop! Plus. It has more USB ports. So that's good news if I wanna use PSEye cameras in the near future!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:22 am 

Cool! Glad to year you're seeing improvements with your new gear. :)

I got my new computer up and running with iPi Soft. I still need to do multi-Kinect testing with the system but so far I see everything working normally with a single Kinect 2.

My old workstation really is on its last leg now, but after I get everything installed on the new one, I'm going to look into replacing the mobo and cpu in the old system so I can finally get a triple Kinect 2 configuration going. Stay tuned!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]