Change font size
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: PSEye square setup?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 am 

I ran 2 more set up tests:

1) 2-cams front corners (1.75 m), 1 right rear corner (2.35 m), similar to the OP set up.

That set up didn't track as well, but did ok, was just more lost arm connections to fix, due to not seeing right arm/hand as well on 360 rotations, or if close together, or closer to the body, and it threw off the scaling of the iPi Actor to video, especially on floor motions and had to use switching of cameras during tracking to get better view more.

2) 1-cam at center front (1.50 m), 1-cam left front corner, moved slightly forward 12-18 inch of center cam (1.75 m), 1-cam back right corner (2.35 m).

That set up tracked similar to the above, but the Actor scaling was better throughout the video.

Both above set ups took longer to track due to this and more errors to correct, didn't worry with videos, because after all corrections, the outcome was still similar as before, just more work to get there.

In my opinion, the 2 rear cams and 1 centered front cam worked best for my room size, which is slightly larger than the OP's.

With the L corner, it may be better, if stuck to only the one side of the room, to use the 1-cam as centered front cam (1.50 m), 2-cam as the front right corner, moved slightly forward of center cam a bit, (12-18 in)(1.65/1.75 m high), 3-cam as rear corner cam as high as possible.

This set up may give a little view around the L corner for at least some extra action space.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: PSEye square setup?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:45 am 

Wondering if the OP ever got his PS Eyes cams up and running satisfactorily in his space?

No word back if so, I would like to know.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3