Change font size
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Action sport cameras
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm 

I am strongly recommend ,please not upgrade or update new hardware support ,if need ,please buy new release version ipi studio v 4.0 ,and please ,not support to try the basic version of ipi studio v4 ,because , ipi studio 2.0 was stolen and ipi studio 3.0 was stolen too, I have make a misunderstand that buy the ipi studio 3.0 pro version in china only 300$ not 600$,so please protect our benifit and protect official benifit,thanks and stop registation ipi studio 3.0 ,because ipi studio 3.0 was been stolen

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:59 am 

fsilne wrote:
I am strongly recommend ,please not upgrade or update new hardware support ,if need ,please buy new release version ipi studio v 4.0 ,and please ,not support to try the basic version of ipi studio v4 ,because , ipi studio 2.0 was stolen and ipi studio 3.0 was stolen too, I have make a misunderstand that buy the ipi studio 3.0 pro version in china only 300$ not 600$,so please protect our benifit and protect official benifit,thanks and stop registation ipi studio 3.0 ,because ipi studio 3.0 was been stolen

First, you're asking to pay for iPiSoft with a cryptocurrency. And now you're spreading this thing around in the forums? That might be fake news or something!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:56 am 

not fake news ,lets our official know that take care of themself benifit and protect our benifit,and lets thief to die whithout money making

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 pm 

In my research of action cams, it seems most worthwhile cams, if not all will drop the 720p resolution with newest releases 2018-2019.

Go Pro is going out of business due to much cheaper cams with similar outputs.

Just an observance, but I personally think action cams chosen should have an adjustable focal point for better indoor use, 150-170 degree is too wide indoors, but maybe the iPi calibration grid will remedy this fish eye view a bit, but easier to have a cam that can be preset to less focal points, 100 degree or less.

It may cost a bit more to get adjustable lens FOV, but should be better overall for indoor recording use, if it doesn't have a 720p setting.

If you are going to spend several hundred per cam, this is a standard option, but not all budget versions have this, very few actually, maybe more in up coming releases, but not as of now.

There are lens adapters for this also, but look kind of bulky and of course an extra cost.

I would think base cost for each worthwhile cam would be around $100, with RF remote start, with some accessories included, with a 64G SD card compatibility, or may catch a sale for a bit off that, but I am not sure by viewing the output videos of $50 or less cams will serve my all around needs, if I go that route eventually.

These cams have limited recording times, depending on battery Mah ratings, but most from 60-90 mins continuous recording use per full charge, (iPi recordings aren't continuous, so prob much longer), or some can be plugged in to charge while recording, but not all, and to buy an external larger MaH battery pack for each cam is extra, or to have to stop, change all batteries, then re-calibrate after moving cams will get old fast.

Be choosy when purchasing a budget action cam, do research, not all are worthwhile and not all seem to live up to their claims, or manufacturers descriptions from user reviews.

If going with a higher end Sony AC, or any DSLR cams, I am sure the recording will be excellent for use with iPi and so will the cost for 6 or more! So I don't think many small studios would go that route anyway.

I will wait to see how this works out anyway before I spend any expense for this, but seems like it could have good benefits later.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:40 pm 

I happened onto this model, Bototek 4K 16MP, with Sony sensor, if anyone would like to check it out.

Info links:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Recha ... ction+cams

http://www.actioncamerasforsports.com/b ... kits-black

Only YouTube video review found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEtkGpL0W1s

Non-adjustable focal point, but video looks very good compared to other similar models.

Reviews were somewhat mixed, but more good than bad, but when buying up to 6 at a time, I am sure you could get a dud also.

Judging more on video quality than still image quality, for use with iPi, but wish there were more video reviews on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 am 

(Aokon)-Another with adjustable FOV (Wide Angle: 170°, Medium Angle: 140°, Narrow Angle: 120°) Sony sensor that video doesn't look too bad, re-chargeable RF remote, motion detection start, mp4 video, 1080p/60fps and 720p@120/60fps, low light vision option, charge while record, 64G max SD card, all for a little under $100 w/ SD card purchase. (With all these cams, make sure you get correct SD card that work with each cam, not all SD cards work, as I see it.

Info links:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Under ... ction+cams

Amazon Good reviews, not much on YouTube review though, here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avsi9c0gkM4.

Check it out.

(Apeman A80)-Another with adjustable FOV (Angle 170 °/ 140 ° / 110 ° / 70 °) motion detection start, but no RF remote, rest of options about same as above cam, H264 compression/mp4 output, not sure it has night mode option.

Links:

https://www.amazon.com/APEMAN-Underwate ... ction+cams

Many reviews on YouTube, her is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWIbUBETrik

On sale right now (6/8/18) for $59.50, Reg $70.

Check it out.

All YouTube videos are not exactly the quality these cams output, so basing selections off that may be less than optimal, but some reviewers give download links for actual files from cams to get a better actual output view, but most with Sony sensors will give better quality, all knock-offs, prob all made at same China factory! So choose the one that best will fit your overall use and cam option settings.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:52 pm 

The best action camera on the market as of the moment is the GoPro Hero 6. It is the brand that popularised action cameras, and it’s easy to see why it remains the go-to name when it comes to cameras of this type. It might not be the cheapest option, but for your money, you get a superb range of specifications.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:59 am 

Only real thing Go Pro has over cheaper models is their EIS, and that nor a little better resolution has much to do with use for iPi tracking, I would worry more about how I see they all seem to stutter and skip during recording, but I think that comes mostly from them being moved around, maybe less if stationary mounted.

If anyone really wants to drop over $1500, (if you can catch 6 on sale), more like $2400 reg price, (add $$ for any additional cams and SD cards), no accessories either with them, and invest in a company that will be out of business in a year, and have that much to throw at cameras, have at it, and don't forget extra $$ for their remote control to start all cameras at once.

If anyone wants to spend more, the Yi or the Sony would be a better choice, but I personally wouldn't even spend that up front until the process is proven to work fine from iPiSoft and they release some kind of set up and calibration process, recordings and tracking videos.

If I personally went that route, I would just get the best of any cam around $100 each, including SD cards and a full accessory package and should be enough for iPi use, save the higher priced cam for what they were meant for.

I personally think it might be a real PITA to use 6 or more of any action cams, but maybe one day after it is a proven process I will try them.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2