Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:17 pm 

Helo,
I am using demo version of Ipi and I am very satisfied,I am thinking of buying licence but I have problems with importing animations in 3ds max.When I try to map bvh on biped i am getting this message
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KalqS ... DZmgrXeV_h
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AFiSE ... cYXzfXkcXs

When I am using cat I am also having problems.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=171_Nd ... 801hFS8V9-

please help. If there is any tutorial or pipeline i would appreciate if you would share it.
Thank you
kukac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:24 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
It looks there is a problem in mapping of bones between iPi skeleton and your 3ds max rig. Try exporting the rig from 3ds max as FBX or BVH and importing it into iPi Mocap Studio as target character. Then adjust motion bone mapping according to your rig. If all goes well you will be able to save this motion transfer profile for later use on export from Mocap Studio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am 

I try that and for some reason when I try to import bvh from biped's rolout it always give me the same error message, but when I export fbx from Ipi and import it as fbx it work fine.Strange. Still learn Ipi :)
Thank you for help!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 pm 

It's not an iPi issue for CAT rig, it is a bone mapping process issue, are you very familiar with bone mapping process in Max? There are tutorials on YouTube for it if not.

The export 3D Max rig from iPi works fine when imported correctly from the Motion Capture, add file roll-out for adding BVH files and shouldn't get any errors, but there will be clavicle adjustment required, as imported files will always set the shoulders too far rotated back, and if the import settings aren't set right for the elbow, there will be upper arm bone spinning to deal with, if just use the default import settings.

I run 3D Max 2014, but even 2018 for adding BVH files, or mapping a CAT rig is the same respective processes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 am 

Can you provide any link for tutorial. I will appreciate it, because i cant find anything that cover max>ipi>max workflow.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 pm 

You may have already found what you were looking for.

Sorry, I don't have links, but just search Motion Capture files to Biped, (or CAT Rig), in 3ds Max on YouTube, many under that search term, it is the same process for all Motion Capture files, no matter the format accepted by Max, you just have to select the correct BVH/BIP/CSV format you are using in the import dialog settings box first.

I am not sure it is possible to export the Biped from Max as an FBX, then import it into iPi Studio 3, then back into Max, it will always throw an error, at least I never could get it to work, if someone else can guide you to that process, I hope they can post it here.

Easier to just export your animations from iPi Studio using the 3D Max Biped default skeleton as a BVH, then you can batch convert that file, or multiple BVH files to BIP if you want, using the batch convert tool under the Motion Capture roll out, (the top far right icon of 2 right rolling arrows), then select all the source file(s) at the same time from your documents you want to convert, then select a destination path (folder anywhere you want it), click use path button, and it will begin converting, convert time will depend on how many files you have selected.

Then opening any of the BIP converted files onto a Biped will open with the bone structure set in the file already, this is the easiest way for use with a standard Biped skeleton.

For use with Cat Rig, you will need to re-scale the Biped size so it matches closer to the CAT Rig when it opens, if it is scaled too small, you will get a stretched skeleton like you show, if it is too large, you will get a squatting CAT Rig, it is trial and error, you will have to delete the prior Biped and try again until you find the appropriate scale for the imported Biped to closely match the CAT skeleton, bake it, (Clicking Capture Motion button), and select remove Biped in the dialog box after captured.

It will require you to adjust the CAT Rig to the proper floor Z afterwards, but should then perform the motions, to where then you can make adjustments needed afterwards.

I personally don't see any need to even use a CAT Rig, as you can link a biped to any characters skeleton with link constraints from the Animation Tab, (also, tutorials on YouTube for this), then once adjusting the animations to your liking, just bake it to the model skeleton without issue, then delete the attached Biped.

Also, better to set the Biped Elbow from point to angle in the file import set up dialog box, then once saved to a BIP file, it will always re-open with that preset.

I am sure there are several ways do this same process, this is just one process, which I followed years ago from a YouTube tutorials, it works fine, so never deviated from it.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]