Change font size
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:57 pm 

Don't have the info in front of me. The part number was mentioned and I recall the description saying they can be used for VR. Of course, that could mean anything. I'll check more closely when I get home this evening.

If they're not right, I'll just send them back and be more careful with the next set.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:20 pm 

If you didn't read the edit I made on the prior post:

After you posted that, I checked all of mine and I have one I thought read 220+, but at closer look, (with glasses), it is a 520+ and I just re-added it in v4 and recorded a short test to get the video info. and it shows it has a magnetometer and is calibrated, it did go through the calibration process, guess that is why I never looked closer at the number and I have used it for recording until I was having issues with the rotations long ago, so bought some more, but found out it was what you stated before about the USB cable to get it away from machine, where I learned that from you :) That was the issue and all work fine after I did that.

That also just happens to be one I didn't strip down yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:31 pm 

I am just posting this as a separate WARNING!

When buying used PS Move Controllers off eBay, or any online site, be sure to get proof of the rear tag number, preferably below 300+9 numbers, from the seller before buying and explain it is very important for the number set to be correct!

They usually have several and don't know that number matters for iPi use, they just guarantee them to work with PS3, or PS4, so unless asked they don't care.

Although, it is still no guarantee those are the ones that will be shipped, but at least you have a message record with a reply if they come as wrong ones for return purposes, so also be sure they can be returned, some don't offer returns at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 pm 

Many thanks to all those who replied and shared their experiences and advice. I recently got two Motion Controllers and believe it or not these things are working like a charm. Got them from Ebay at $24.95. I can confidently say those looking for motion controllers if you can get either of these models you are good to go 100%. Time to play with Ipisoft and have a time of my life.

Attachments:
File comment: Tried and tested working PsMove controllers.
20180815_161123.jpg
20180815_161123.jpg [ 2.96 MiB | Viewed 75 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 am 

Good find, those are getting hard to find, I am sure there are still 1000's out there, just not for sale.

They should also stay calibrated, you don't need to calibrate them every time you use them, just remember what they look like for direction after calibrated in the recorder window, if not close to that each time, re-calibrate, unless abused, or dropped, should be good for a while though, but the charge will depend on the life left in the batteries, should last easily 4 hours per charge though, light will start to flash when getting low, but will still work if light starts flashing, if using them at the time, just charge them when done, it takes like 6-8 hours to get them fully charged again using the USB cable.

If you bought the actual PS charger dock, may be quicker, but I can't use that any longer because I stripped mine down to the board/battery only.

If anyone is interested in a 2 controller SONY charger dock for those models, I will send it (US Only) for the cost of the shipping (Paid by PayPal), I won't ever need it again, contact me by email from the button below.

You can get replacement batteries from just about any online battery warehouse and eBay also.

Good Luck, have fun :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:33 pm 

Thanks a lot for the tips. I highly appreciate it.

I believe I will have so much fun with them oooh my cannot wait :) :) :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2