Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 am 

zed sensor high quality sensor ,give good result pointcloud file ,and the ipisoft ,only need their pointcloud to compute animation ,why not support this hardware sensor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:40 am 

I wasn't aware of the ZED sensor until this thread got started, and I'm curious about how iPi Mocap Studio might work with this sensor too.

The specs show the sensor supporting 100 fps at WGA and 60 fps at 720p; by comparison, the Kinect One (v2) supports only 30 fps. I understand that higher frames rates are preferred for RGB based capture; is the same true for depth map-based capture?

IMO, ZED is a bit expensive ($449 per sensor) but maybe worth it if the quality is dramatically better than Kinect 2.

It would also be cool if more than one ZED device can be supported on a single computer. But, I imagine this may require an extra powerful computer to capture from multiple devices with these specs.

Watch a one minute excerpt on Vimeo now!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:24 am 

Looks like an API controlled sensor, meaning needs to be programmed for the specific use using only their SDK? iPi programmers would know more about that.

Reading through the docs, it doesn't seem optimal for iPi Recorder direct recording, but maybe the use of the iPi automation add on could be possible, but I don't know.

Possibly using it to record to external AVI or mp4 format, then using the video builder feature to convert to iPiVideo, but then you don't get the Moves data.

Seems really interesting for other uses though.

Maybe iPi can shed some more light on it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]