Change font size
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:14 pm 

*Applauds iPi Team for great work on v4!*

Quick video of some actions recorded and tracked with v4 release, using 6 PS Eyes and 3 Move controllers (head/hands).

One pass tracking, no tracking loss or errors, kudos to iPi devs for getting the tracking so good now and floor exactly accurate in all 6 cams now, good work!

Feet are much more stable to the floor while tracking now also, good job!

Just wanted to show how a single tracked and basic refined animation looks only using the integral auto-cleaning tools.

Tracked in Low Res speed, shoulders by video, head on, very flex spine settings, no props used, just mimed actions, with props wrists would be at better angles to the props.

Slight bit more time in refining some areas is all that would be needed before export, but very good results just at this point.

Link: https://youtu.be/YaJG5stOeKA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:31 pm 

On same testing with converted v3 files for v4, the results weren't as stable still showing slight tracking loss, but the arms were much more naturally tracked without many flipping instances, so that's a plus, but those issues in v3 usually self corrected for the most part after applying the Moves data and running Refine anyway.

Without Moves use, there is really no way to get smooth tracking, it will always show the arms as glitchy, and the head a bit off track, even in v4.

I also wore all black clothing, except for a blue shirt and face was natural, with head Move attached over the right ear on a black cloth skull cap, I even wore a long black sleeved shirt under the blue T for those tests, and the tracker never had an issue following the correct body parts, even when arms were near other black clothing, this used to be a slight issue in v3 where sometimes the tracker would jump off to the other black clothes, much better in v4 for this.

All actions above were tracked during the same v4 recording, just broke up into separate takes, I will soon try a longer take 1-2 minutes as a scene and see how that works out to see how much time is shaved off the overall project to the point of exporting, I can see some will be just from these tests.

I don't use Kinect v1, or v2, but I am sure those are tracking much better also.

Oh, BTW, you can not run v3 and v4 on the same OS as individual programs, well I couldn't, was causing very weird issues for the Recorder and the Studio and uninstall the v4 Recorder Preview program first.

There is a few bugs in Studio v4 that iPi is working on fixing now, so stay tuned for an update shortly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:27 am 

Re-Tracked V3 video converted to V4 for Studio processing.

1-2 Step dance by Megan, sorry no music, video is an AVI export right from iPi Studio, converted to mp4 with Movie Maker.

Noticeable improvements in arms. wrists, shoulders and arm penetration of main body, tracking does stay more locked on the body part it is tracking, even crossing of hands isn't much of a factor now, many dancers always like to use hand crossing/covering hand motions, so good job on more accuracy there, also seems AMT keeps feet more aligned, used to be a bit to close together when feet were close in the animation, but this still depends on the character used, especially if it has larger feet/shoes, but standard human characters should look better.

Moves used for hands, none on head, same processing settings as above video.

Very good outcome for just minimal processing that was used.

I believe some of the tracking errors that did occur were caused by the V3 calibration from before, it is much more accurate for all cameras in V4, but with high energy motions like dances the program still tracks great IMO.

It used to have more of an issue with less motion actions, like basic standing and basic sitting motions, so soon I will see how V4 has improved on that also, among other extreme actions.

Link to dance animation video on an imported character: https://youtu.be/6xojB371IQA

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]