Change font size
It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 10:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:09 pm 

So I coach football and I want simply use a kinect to capture my players motion in his feet and arms.

What version of ipi should I get to simply record and show a bone structure graphic of the motion.

And should I get 1 kinect or 2? I've seen a few videos with someone using two, but can just one get the job done?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:12 am 
iPi Soft

Hi
Single Kinect is suitable for simple motions which do not involve much occlusion of body parts. For more complex motions like full turns, crouching it is crucial to have multiple points of view - that is multiple cameras.
Be aware that Kinect has a limited operation range providing the capture area of only about 2x2m. If more space is needed for the motions you're going to analyze then consider using PS Eye cameras. They also have advantage of higher frame rate - 60 fps compared to 30 fps of Kinect - which makes them appropriate for capturing quick motions.
For 1 Kinect, you'll need the Express edition of iPi Mocap Studio, for 2 Kinects or 3-6 PS Eyes you'll need the Basic edition.
Also, consider the Biomech addon which provides various metrics calculated from captured motions. It works with any edition of iPi Mocap Studio.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:17 am 

vmaslov wrote:
Hi
Single Kinect is suitable for simple motions which do not involve much occlusion of body parts. For more complex motions like full turns, crouching it is crucial to have multiple points of view - that is multiple cameras.
Be aware that Kinect has a limited operation range providing the capture area of only about 2x2m. If more space is needed for the motions you're going to analyze then consider using PS Eye cameras. They also have advantage of higher frame rate - 60 fps compared to 30 fps of Kinect - which makes them appropriate for capturing quick motions.
For 1 Kinect, you'll need the Express edition of iPi Mocap Studio, for 2 Kinects or 3-6 PS Eyes you'll need the Basic edition.
Also, consider the Biomech addon which provides various metrics calculated from captured motions. It works with any edition of iPi Mocap Studio.

Thank you! Sounds like it need to go with the PS Eye.

A few more questions.

Will I need the ps controller or am I good with just the ps cameras?
Can the ipi software record a video format while motion tracking so you can show a skeleton model then switch and see the actual video of the human doing the motion?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:47 am 
iPi Soft

Our tracking is not realtime, so first a multi-camera video (or depth+video in case of Kinect) is recorded with iPi Recorder. Then it is processed in iPi Mocap Studio to track the skeleton from a video (or depth). In iPi Mocap Studio, you can toggle displaying video, skeleton, body model.

PS Move controller may be used to track wrist rotations and to improve head tracking. I assume you're mostly interested in legs+feet+spine, so you're fine with cameras only.
In case you actually ask whether PlayStation console or PS gamepad is needed for operation of PS Eye cameras. None of these is needed: cameras are connected directly to a PC and are fully operated by our software.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:12 pm 

vmaslov wrote:
Our tracking is not realtime, so first a multi-camera video (or depth+video in case of Kinect) is recorded with iPi Recorder. Then it is processed in iPi Mocap Studio to track the skeleton from a video (or depth). In iPi Mocap Studio, you can toggle displaying video, skeleton, body model.

PS Move controller may be used to track wrist rotations and to improve head tracking. I assume you're mostly interested in legs+feet+spine, so you're fine with cameras only.
In case you actually ask whether PlayStation console or PS gamepad is needed for operation of PS Eye cameras. None of these is needed: cameras are connected directly to a PC and are fully operated by our software.

So I got 3 PS Eye cameras, and after filming I can't get it to calibrate or use "Refit Pose" to my video.

All I got were PS Eye cameras, Do I need a PS Move controller or Marker Light in order to use the software?

Even with the example project, I am able to calibrate ... But once I bring it into the "action part" and try to "refit pose" by matching the video, my guy rolls into a ball. Any usually errors for beginners I might be missing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:47 pm 

**Update**

So I figured out I do need a mark, just want to know if I need the light or ps move controller.

I am getting better with "Refit Pose" with the example project, I have yet to get it perfect. Any tips and tricks?

Most tutorials are for Kinect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am 
iPi Soft

Just follow carefully the process described in our docs:
http://docs.ipisoft.com/User_Guide_for_Multiple_PS_Eye_Cameras_Configuration

First, you need to record calibration video with a small glowing object as a light marker. You do not need PS Move for that purpose, any flash light with candle mode will fit. The requirement is that the light marker glows in all directions, not in a single one (like flash lights in normal mode do).

Before doing the Refit Pose, you need to set model's appearance close to that of an actor in a video (clothes colors, height etc).
http://docs.ipisoft.com/User_Guide_for_Multiple_PS_Eye_Cameras_Configuration#Processing_Video_from_Multiple_PS_Eye_Cameras

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]