Change font size
It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 7:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:52 pm 

Hello, I'm getting an error message on the Ipi Recorder, on the camera types side panel.
The message reads:

Microsoft Kinect 2 - Error
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Kinect.dll' or one of its dependencies.
The specified module could not be found.

Microsoft Azure Kinect - Error
Unable to load DLL 'k4a': The specified module could not be found.
(Exception result HRESULT:0x8007007E)

I've just finished setting up a fresh install of Windows 10. I've tried reinstalling both the Kinect SDK and the Ipi Recorder. I've also tried installing the Kinect Runtime 2.2 as I read it being mentioned on another troubleshooting site. I thought I hadn't installed vc runtimes, so I used steam to install the complete pack of vc runtimes but it hasn't helped.
*The error message for "Microsoft Kinect 2" will go away if I uninstall the Kinect SDK. Instead it will have the normal message telling me to install the Kinect SDK, so it seems to be functioning well up to that point.

Any ideas why this is happening.

Attachments:
ipisoft issue.jpg
ipisoft issue.jpg [ 122.23 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:32 am 
iPi Soft

Just a quick guess - it may be something about permissions. Try running iPi Recorder as administrator.

To dig further into a missing dependency path, you may use the Dependencies utility. Open there iPiRecorder.Kinect2.dll and k4a.dll from the installation directory of iPi Recorder and look for any errors about dependencies.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:48 am 

Strange, the error message went away after I installed the Media Feature Pack from PC Settings> Apps> Optional Features> "Add a feature"

It works but now I've got to find out why my framerate is low.
It's interesting that when I change the video mode, the frame rate stays 30fps for a few seconds before it starts dropping down to 16 then to 8.

Perhaps I should put my USB 3.0 PCI card in a different slot because it is in the PCIEX16_2 in my Asus P8Z68-V motherboard, the other slots I have in use are:
PCIEX1_1 has an Intel WiGig card for wireless vr
PCIEX16_3 has a Killer Wifi Network Card

The PCI Express slots are Gen2, not sure if that meets the recommended specs or do I need to upgrade my motherboard?

I'll update my post if I can figure it out.

EDIT:
I'm very suspicious of the USB 3.0 PCI card I installed being the culprit, because initially I was very focused on obtaining the correct chipset that I completely ignored the speed requirements. The one I initially brought is https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00N6R5RU2/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_WFGK2FY5V2T1Y6RBF8NQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
So instead I'm going to go for the one mentioned on multiple forums that I've checked now which is Transcend TS-PDU3 PCIe USB 3.0 Expansion Card

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:58 am 

Update:
Tried both Transcend TS-PDU3 and also TS-PDC3, the framerate is still low so the cards I'm using aren't the issue.

UPDATE2:
Was going through the other forums and following suggestions from this thread: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... inectv2sdk

I did both the registry change and also decreased the Kinect V2's microphone level to 0.
Now my frames are running at 29.7 consistently.
I don't know which one did the trick but hopefully this will help others.

P.S.
For the future in case that thread link dies, the registry change is as quoted from the thread:
"
From an elevated cmd prompt, type:

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Processor /v Capabilities /t REG_DWORD /d 0x7e060
"

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]